308.61 – Configuration Management Committee
OPR: Office of Administrative Policy and Services (APS)
1. Establishment. This chapter authorizes the establishment of the Configuration Management Committee (CMC) in the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The CMC charter is attached as Appendix A.
2. Purpose. The Configuration Management Committee (CMC) for the U.S. Geological Survey is a standing committee under the authority of the Chief, Office of Administrative Policies and Services, who will make the final decision regarding recommendations of the CMC. The purpose of the CMC is to provide leadership to guide the life cycle of the U.S. Geological Survey developed program planning and financial management systems. The CMC is responsible for reviewing, monitoring and strategically planning the development, upgrades and migration of these planning and financial management systems. The CMC shall:
3. Representation. The CMC has a Technical Review Board (TRB) to assist in effectively managing the software development and maintenance.
A. Configuration Management Committee. Members that make up the CMC include:
(1) Deputy Chief, Administrative Policy and Services, Financial Management, Chair
(2) Region, Branch of Fiscal Services Representative
(3) Regional Management Officer Representative
(4) USGS Program Coordinators (two)
(5) Cost Center Managers (two)
(6) Cost Center Administrative Officers (three)
(7) Budget Office Representative
(8) Regional Director’s Office Representative
(9) Chair of the Technical Review Board
(10) Non-Voting Resource Staff: Software Development Team Leads
B. Technical Review Board. Members that make up the TRB include:
(1) Deputy Chief, Office of Administrative Policy and Services, Chair
(2) Regional Science Coordinator
(3) USGS Program Coordinator
(4) Geographic Information Officer Representative
(5) Regional Management Officer
(6) Fiscal Services Representative
(7) Cost Center Administrative Officers (three)
(8) Software Development Staff (multiple)
4. Type of Organization. Permanent.
5. Staff. The Office of Administrative Policy and Services provides advice and support to the committee and the technical review board, as needed.
6. Meetings. The CMC holds meetings on a bi-monthly basis or as needed. The TRB holds meetings monthly or as needed.
7. Subcommittees. The chairpersons of the CMC or the TRB may establish subgroups on a permanent or ad hoc basis with the consensus of the members of their respective groups.
8. Termination Date. None. The charter for the CMC will be reviewed at least every 3 years.__/s/ Carol F. Aten______________________________ ___9/10/04________