U. S. Geological Survey
Memorandums of Understanding (MOU)
with other Federal Agencies
NOTE: The following MOU document(s) are in PDF format. Please see Instructions if you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
- Subject: Access to and use of the global positioning system precise positioning service.
Date Signed: 09/14/94
- Subject: Ensure optimum efficiency and maximum benefit to the federal government by integrating rsources and expertise of USGS and DoD in addressing environmental responsibilities and related issues.
Date Signed: 06/10/97
Defense Mapping Agency/National Imagery and Mapping Agency
- Subject: Public sale of DMA standard digital and topographic products.
Date Signed: 12/13/91
- Subject: To ensure optimum efficiency and maximum benefit to the Federal Government by integrating the resouces and expertise of the USGS with thos of the DoD in addressing environmental responsibilities and related issues.
Date Signed: 6/10/1997
Federal Geographic Data Committee
- Subject: Cooperate to create and provide a compatible and complementary, nationally consistent set of geospatial data and information for homeland security.
Date Signed: 07/29/2002
National Geospacial Agency (NGA)(formerly National Imagery and Mapping Agency)
- Subject: NGA/USGS to establish the framework for coordination and cooperation between the USGS and NGA to create and maintain geospatial information and perform scientific analysis.
Date Signed: 05/13/2015
U.S. Air Force
- Subject: Establish policies and administrative procedures that will facilitate cooperation and coordination between AFSPC and the DOI, USGS in development of regional geographic information data sets for the purpose of sharing of mapping information between AFSPC military installations and various city, county, State, tribal and Federal agencies.
Date Signed: 1/18/2005
- Subject: Research, technology transfer, evaluation, and education relating to the management, cleanup and reduction of hazardous wastes at USAF installations.
Date Signed: 03/18/93
- Subject: To work together to provide information for science-based management of this Nation's water, geological, and biological resources through the collection, analysis, interpretation, modeling, information management and reporting of biological, hydrological, geologic, geographic and other natural resource information of mutual interest.
Date Signed: 03/22/2004
Return to USGS MOU Agency List Page
Return to USGS MOU Home Page
Return to USGS Home Page
Send your comments to Melanie A. Clark, Program Manager.