Telework provides employees with the opportunity to perform their duties at alternative worksites during an agreed-upon portions of their work week. Alternative worksites may include an employee's home, a telecommuting center (commonly called a telecenter) or another USGS facility, or a "virtual office."
Department of the Interior (DOI) Telework Program information, policies, fact sheets, and forms are found at:
- Department of Interior Telework Information (use Internet Explorer).
- Department of Interior Telework Handbook (2012)
- Department of the Interior Telework Policy Information
Telework 101 courses for employees and managers can be located in the DOI Learn Catalog or at the following links:
- Employees: https://gm2.geolearning.com/geonext/doi/coursesummary.CourseCatalog.geo?id=164366
- Managers: https://gm2.geolearning.com/geonext/doi/coursesummary.CourseCatalog.geo?id=164367
DI-3457 — U.S. Department of the Interior Telework Agreement PDF Form (use Internet Explorer).
Coding Telework Hours in Quicktime
Visit the USGS information page for tips on choosing a Quicktime telework code, examples of coding scenarios, and step-by-step instructions for coding telework in Quicktime. The DOI Telework Fact Sheet provides FAQs and other information.
Information regarding telework from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management can be found at https://www.telework.gov/