The “Direct” link to access DOI LEARN’s login screen is: https://gm2.geolearning.com/geonext/doi/login.geo
Note: By using the above link, it will bypass the DOI Web portal that has valuable information like these FAQs and How-To slides: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn
- Adding/Removing a Supervisor or Alternate Approver from My User Profile
- Automatic Emails
- Cancelling A Pending Request
- Contact for Problems
- Defensive Driving
- Dropping a Course/Class
- Enrolling in a Class
- Finding a USGS Sponsored Course
- Forgot My Password to DOI LEARN
- Forgot My Username to DOI LEARN
- Mandatory Training
- New Contractor, Volunteer, Partner, etc. Logging In For First Time
- New Federal Employee Logging In For First Time
- Printing a SF-182
- Receiving Credit for Training NOT in DOI LEARN
- Skillsoft Information
- Training on DOI LEARN
- Updating My Profile
- Updating My Time Zone
- Approving a Training Request In DOI LEARN
- How to Manually Mark Training Complete
- Inactivating Employee, Contractor, and Volunteer Accounts
- Requesting Courses for My Employees
- Employee Paying for Training
- Paying Other Federal Agencies for Training with a Credit Card
- Supervisor Paying for Training
- Getting an On-line Training (OLT) Course into DOILEARN
- Mandatory Federal Information System Security Training (FISSA):
- Using a Macintosh to Take On-Line Training
Q. How do I add or update my Supervisor in my profile so my training request can be approved?
A. Employees select Supervisor(s) in their own profile and when the Supervisor changes, the employee must remove the name from their own profile and add the correct name(s). Only the employee has access to make changes in their profile. Supervisors cannot select employees.
Also, see "How-To" Tutorials for detailed information on "How to Login and Update Your Profile" http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html.
Note: Anyone who is no longer a Supervisor, should update their own profile and change their "Approves Training" field to "No" and make sure to notify your local Personnel to have FPPS updated accordingly.
- Using your Learner Role, click on “Update My Supervisor” icon.
- To remove a name, select the radio button next to the name and click “Remove.”
- To add a name, click “Assign New Supervisors” and search for the name to add.
- Select the check box next to the name and click “Next” in the lower right corner.
- If you want to add multiple names, such as alternate approvers, you can select the name and click on “Bucket” then search for the next name and select it to add to the bucket. You can keep adding to the bucket until you’re finished selecting names of those who can approve your training.
- Then click the “Next” button in the lower right corner.
- Check the selection and click “Save.”
- Remember to select the current Supervisor and click “Set/Remove Direct Supervisor” as this helps identity the Direct Supervisor vs. Alternate Approvers who can also approve your training.
- Click “Close Record” in the upper right corner when finished.
Q. I have submitted a request for training and had the wrong supervisor listed in my profile. How will my new supervisor get the email for approval?
A. When you request training, the email notification only goes out once to whomever was in your profile or to dead space if you did not have a name listed. You need to update your supervisor in your profile. See “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on "How to Login and Update Your Profile" http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html and add the supervisor. Once you have updated your Supervisor in your profile, notify your correct Supervisor to go into DOI LEARN and approve your request, as they will not receive an email notification regarding your request. Refer them to the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Approve Training."
Q. Will my supervisor that I have listed in my profile get an email regarding my registering for a no cost course?
A. Yes, if the course was set up as requiring Supervisory approval. DOI LEARN is email friendly. For example, if an instructor/course coordinator drops an employee from a class per the employee's request, an email is auto-generated to the employee and supervisor on file, stating the drop.
Q. How do I cancel a pending training request?
For the Learner:
A. If you submitted a Training Request that is Not Yet Approved by your supervisor, you may cancel the request. From the My Home tab, click on "View My Training Request." Locate and select the request to cancel, then click View. Click Cancel in the top right corner. Your Supervisor must now ‘approve’ this cancellation request.
Note: Once it has been approved by your Supervisor, you will be able to enroll in a different scheduled class if you need to.
For the Supervisor:
Q. How do I approve my employee’s canceled request?
A. When your employee has to cancel a training request that has not yet been approved by you, an email notification will be sent to you, the Supervisor, asking you to ‘approve’ the action. Click on “My Employees” tab. Click on "Approve Training Requests." Then click the "Cancellation Requests" tab. Any pending cancellation requests will immediately display. Select the request and click "Edit," then click the "CANCEL" button at the top right corner.
Q. How do I print my certificate for a course I completed?
A. When an employee has completed their training, most classes/courses will send an auto-generated email with a certificate. If you did not receive an email or if you choose to print the certificate from the email, see the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Print Transcripts and Certificates” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Note: For any training migrated from Ver. 4.3, up to May 2010, you cannot print a certificate. You can only see it on your transcript.
Q. Who can I contact if I have a problem with DOI LEARN?
A. Please contact the help desk at email@example.com or call 866-466-1998.
Q. How do I find Defensive Driving in DOI LEARN?
A. Options recently changed, they are:
- The NSC Defensive Driving II Course is not available in DOI LEARN anymore. If you drive GSA vehicles or use rental vehicles on travel, see their website: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21214 and search for the Online "Defensive Driving Course" to complete the training. You must provide a Fleet Vehicle tag number. Once completed at GSA's website, log into DOI LEARN and go to the course catalog and search on: Defensive Driving Course - DriveThru GSA to get credit on your transcript.
Note: Be sure to turn off your pop-up blocker before taking online training.
- Go to the National Safety Council website (www.nsc.org or http://shop.nsc.org/Driver-Safety-S80.aspx) and pay a low fee to take the Self Study training. Once completed at NSC's website, IF you are working for USGS, you can log into DOI LEARN and go to the course catalog and search for: Defensive Driving - USGS Credit to answer an assessment question to get credit on your transcript. All other Bureaus can use the GSA Defensive Driving course defined in 1) above to receive credit.
- You can take Defensive Driving from outside sources, but please note: The 1 hr. Skillsoft course in DOI LEARN is not sufficient for USGS credit. Wherever you receive your training, please make sure to get credit in DOI LEARN, maybe using a SF-182. Contact your Bureau Data Steward if you are unsure. Other Bureaus under DOI may provide Defensive Driving training if you search the course catalog too.
Q. I need to drop an On-line course or Class I registered for, how do I drop it?
A. If you have signed up for a course or class and for any reason do not wish to take it, refer to the "How-To" Tutorials for detailed information on "How to Drop a Course/Class." http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html.
Note: If the course was "assigned" to you or is a required training, you cannot drop it. You need to contact the Instructor OR your Bureau Data Steward.
Instructor Role: You need to make sure you drop the learner from the Enroll tab, not the Roster tab. See "How-To"” Tutorials on "How to Drop a Course/Class."
Note: If you drop a course that did not require Supervisory approval, it shows Dropped on your Transcript.
Q. How do I enroll in a class?
A. See “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Register for a Course and Enroll in a Class” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Note: If you do not see a class time scheduled in the course catalog, there is no class planned. Also, the difference between Enroll in this Class and Submit a Request are determined if the course requires Supervisory approval or not. “Submit a Request” means the Supervisor must approve the request before you are on the roster or wait-listed.
Q. How do I find a course or class sponsored by USGS?
A. Here is how you can search for just a specific Bureau’s course or class:
- Log into DOI LEARN (login or password problems? Call 1-866-466-1998 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Click on Search the Catalog/Register for a Course icon from the My Home tab using your Learner Role and then click the Continue to the Catalog link.
- Use the available filters to narrow your search by turning off and on check boxes.
- Enter a Keyword in the search box.
- If you want to see only courses sponsored by USGS, click on the Course Code box to turn it on and type "USGS" in the Search: box, but uncheck Course Description. DOI LEARN searches the course name, class name, course description, class description, vendor name, and course code for key words you enter. So by turning off other boxes, you avoid seeing other Bureau's courses that might mention USGS in their course description.
- If you wish to view only upcoming scheduled classes that a specific Bureau sponsors, click on the Class Name box to turn it on and uncheck the other boxes, then type "USGS" for example, in the Search: box to see all USGS upcoming classes.
- You can also view the DOI LEARN Search Tips: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/documents/DOILEARNTips.pdf
- You can also contact the Instructor if you know who is teaching, to ask questions about the class.
For USGS Only, visit the External Course Catalog (updated nightly) to see the upcoming 90 days of scheduled USGS classes, including all on-line Safety courses in DOI LEARN: http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/doilearn/
Q. I forgot my Password OR I tried to initially login and forgot my password OR I tried creating a new password and then forgot it OR I need my password reset, How?
A. At the DOI LEARN login screen: https://gm2.geolearning.com/geonext/doi/login.geo Click on “Forgot your password?” After entering your username/email address, you can choose to answer the security questions for future password retrieval or you can have a new password sent to you via email.
You can also contact the DOI LEARN helpdesk at email@example.com or call 866-466-1998 to have your password reset. Your Supervisor can also reset your password for you.
Note: If you request a new password, it will be sent to the email in the system. Always check spam/junk folder for auto-generated messages. You only have 7 days to log in before this password expires.
Note: Password reset is not the same as Password Lock. Your Supervisor also has access to unlock your account.
Q. I locked myself out of my DOI LEARN account Or My account says locked, what do I do?
A. You can either wait the 30 minutes for your password to automatically unlock, or contact the DOI LEARN Helpdesk to have them unlock it: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-466-1998.
Please do not call your Bureau Data Steward for password issues, contact the Helpdesk. If you are not seeing an account at all in DOI LEARN and you had one before, then contact your Bureau Data Steward. The Help Desk cannot reactivate accounts, they will direct you to your Bureau Data Steward.
Q. I do not remember my username, how do I find out what it is?
A. Contact the DOI LEARN Helpdesk at email@example.com or call 1-866-466-1998. You can also contact your Bureau Data Steward IF you don’t hear from the Helpdesk.
Q. I am having problems taking mandatory training in DOI LEARN, what do I do?
A. Please make sure you have one version of Java on your computer and it is updated as the latest version. Check to be sure your Internet Browser settings are configured. See your Local IT Support for this. You can also download the “Workstation Requirements Guide for using DOI LEARN” at: https://www.2.usgs.gov/humancapital/documents/WorkstationRequirements819133.pdf
If you are still unable to get into the course, you can contact your DOI LEARN Bureau Data Steward for alternate methods to any mandatory training. Go to the DOI LEARN Web portal at: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn and using your mouse, hover over “About DOI LEARN” and click on “Contact Us.” This will send a message to your Bureau Data Steward when you choose your Bureau.
Q. I have completed my training, and/or taken the test and may have received the certificate but it does not show as completed on my transcript, how do I get the training to show complete?
A. Take your certificate to your Supervisor or Alternate Approver and have them manually mark the training complete in your Gradebook. It may be your Java being out of date or workstation requirements were not set up correctly. Before taking future training, have your local IT support check your Java and browser configurations. See the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Mark Training as Complete in the Employees Gradebook” to give to your Supervisor: http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Note: If you took the same course over and expected a new completion date but did not get a new date on your certificate, the course needs to be “assigned” to you as a new instance. Contact your Bureau Data Steward for help.
Q. I am a brand new Contractor, Volunteer, Partner, Coop, . How do I log into DOI LEARN?
A. See “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Request an Account for External/Non DOI Users” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. I am a brand new Federal employee or a new summer intern/seasonal employee, being paid by FPPS, how do I get a DOI LEARN account?
A. New Federal Employee accounts are created automatically through scheduled FPPS updates bi-monthly. DOI LEARN login information is sent automatically to your email normally after you receive your first paycheck from FPPS/payroll. You do not need to contact your Bureau Data Steward unless you received your first paycheck and still don’t have access.
Note: Federal Employees should NEVER click the “Request New Account” link found on the DOI LEARN login page. Your request will be Denied while the automatic account creation process is happening.
ALTERNATE METHODS: If you are unable to wait for an account to access training, please visit the following links as alternate methods for some training: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn/training-download.cfm or https://doiu.doi.gov/trainingcds/safetytraining.html
Once you receive DOI LEARN access, please immediately update your profile to include address, phone number, time zone, Supervisor/approver(s), etc. AND register for any course you took as an alternate method to have your Supervisor manually mark you complete in the Gradebook. See “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Login and Update Your Profile” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. How do I print a SF-182 that I created if I need one to pay for training?
A. From the “My Home” Tab, Click on “VIEW MY TRAINING REQUESTS.” You can print a SF-182, even if it has not been approved by your Supervisor. Select and View the SF-182, then click the PRINT button in the top right corner. Note: Do Not click the PRINT button located next to the VIEW button, it will not produce a SF-182 form. Approved SF-182s are found by clicking the APPROVED tab and follow the same print instructions.
Q. How does an employee receive credit for training if the training is not listed in the DOI LEARN catalog?
A. If you are a federal employee, you can create a SF-182 for training if the training is not in DOI LEARN. This is also referred to as "External Training." Do not enter mandatory online training you took using an alternate method or training that is IN DOI LEARN, on a SF-182.
See “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Create a SF-182 Learner” for the Learner or “How to Manage the SF-182 and Approve/Complete for Your Employees” for the Supervisor http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. Where do I find Skillsoft Information?
A. Please go to this link for Skillsoft FAQs: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn/skillsoft_faq.cfm.
Go to this link for the Department’s site about Skillsoft Licensing and information: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn/skillsoft_info.cfm.
If you are an External, you can visit Skillsoft directly for information about purchasing a license outside of the Federal Government at http://www.skillsoft.com/. Note: All Federal employees in the Department of Interior and Contractors with Role Based Security Training (RBST) duties have been given a license. Active Volunteers have also been given a license.
More information is located on the “My Home” tab in the right column as you scroll down under “Skillsoft Announcements.”
Q: How do I learn to use DOI LEARN?
A. Go to the DOI LEARN Web portal at: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn
- With your mouse, hover over the “About DOI LEARN” and click on the “FAQ’s, Training Aids & Orientation Info.” Or In DOI LEARN:
- You can also click “Help” on the top bar. The Help is a great resource for learning about this system. You can use key word searches to get lots of information.
- And, Under the “My Home” tab, using your Learner role, click “Job Aids, Desk References and How-To’s” to view instructions and references.
- And, Attend a webinar the 4th Thursday of each month by searching the DOI LEARN course catalog for: doi learn upgrade introduction
- And, more information is located on the right column of the My Home tab about DOI LEARN Help Desk and Training Information.
- And, check out the “How-To” Tutorials and FAQs for all DOI, here: http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. What is the difference between My Required Learning and My Elective Learning?
A. Courses that are assigned to you to complete are Required and found under your “My Required Learning” area. Courses you register for are Elective and found under your “My Elective Learning” area. A quick view is located on the My Home tab, in the right column, under “My Learning.”
Q. How do I print my Transcript in DOI LEARN?
A. From the My Home tab, click on “Print Completion Certificates:” icon for either Required Training or Elective Training. Select the course/class to print and click on “Print Certificate.” See the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Print Transcripts and Certificates” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. How do I update my Profile?
A. From the My Home tab, click on “Update My Profile Update My Timezone” icon. Update the fields available and click “Update.” See the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Login and Update Your Profile” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. How do I update my Time Zone?
A. Having the correct Time Zone in your profile is very important since this determines the class times you see when registering for classes. From the My Home tab, click on “Update My Profile Update My Timezone” icon. Update the timezone and click “Update.” See the “How-To” Tutorials for detailed information on “How to Login and Update Your Profile” http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Note: When you register for a class in DOI LEARN, you will see the time zone in the email confirmation. If this is not your time zone, you need to update your time zone in your profile. Sometimes, Instructors add the start time of the class in the class name with the timezone acronym but not always, so please check for the correct time of the class before attending any training.
Q. I am a supervisor or alternate approver. How do I approve a training course request?
A. See the “How-to” Tutorial for How to Approve Training here: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/documents/HowToApproveTraining.pdf
Q. How does the Supervisor manually mark a course complete? Like when an employee uses an alternate method or has problems with their course(s)?
A. See the “How-to” Tutorial for How to mark training complete here: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/documents/HowToMarkTrainingComplete.pdf
Q. When Federal employees/contractors/volunteers leave the government, how do we suspend/remove their account in DOI LEARN so they don’t show up on reports?
A. For Federal Employees, supervisors and alternate approvers should verify the 9-090 Clearance Form has been created and submitted to Personnel. Once the Employee officially shows as Inactive in FPPS, the Department’s FPPS Update into DOI LEARN will automatically inactivate the account. This Update happens every 2 weeks.
For Externals, contact your DOI LEARN Bureau Data Steward to have them inactivate the account. Go to the DOI LEARN Web portal at: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn and using your mouse, hover over “About DOI LEARN” and click on “Contact Us.” This will send a message to your Bureau Data Steward when you choose your Bureau.
Q. I am a supervisor or alternate approver, how do I generate a report to see who has taken what training?
A. See the “How-to” Tutorial for How To Run Standard Reports here: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/documents/HowToRunStandardReports.pdf
Note: Supervisors also have access to their employee’s profile to see their Transcript. See “How-To” Tutorials.
Q. I am a supervisor/alternate approver in DOI LEARN. Is there any way I can request courses for employees in my office if they ask me to?
A. Yes. Supervisors/Alternate Approvers can submit requests for their employees. But only if the course is an Instructor Lead Training (ILT) class, not online courses. Employees must register themselves for online courses including online Skillsoft courses.
See "How-To" Tutorials for detailed information on "How to Submit a Class on Behalf of an Employee" http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. How does an employee pay for training in DOI LEARN?
A. After the supervisor approves the employee’s training request, the employee (or Supervisor) can pay by Credit Card, Account Number or SF-182. The payment process is manual for all training except DOIUniversity (DOIU) sponsored training. The employee or Supervisor calls the payment line at: 888-390-4447 and chooses 1 for Billing, then the option of the Bureau sponsoring the training. Supervisors can view payment information here: https://gm2.geolearning.com/geonext/doi/displaywidgetpage.geo?id=KEqkxbZdQZ7bDqg11wm2rmEEp7brPVjlth378ciiW88=&nav=NAVMyEmployees#.
Have credit card number or account number ready when calling the payment line. If the training is outside of DOI LEARN's course catalog, the employee can fill out an SF-182 in DOI LEARN to document the training on their transcript. For USGS: it’s suggested to use OPM’s web site for the SF-182 if you need to pay for training in advance. We have How-to Tutorials for the SF-182 process here: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
If the training is under $3500.00, most vendors accept credit cards. If the training is over $3500.00, the employee must use the SF-182.
Q. How do I pay for approved and supported training for charges in excess of $3500.00?
A. If the cost of the group training event is from $3500 to $25k, the coordinating office is advised to have their local administrative officer use the hardcopy OPM SF-182 http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF182.pdf as the authorizing document and then use an 8-O document to obligate and an 8-V document to pay for the training. This form requires approval on Page 2, under blocks 3a-3e of the SF-182, and return the form to the Administrative Officer for final processing. Please check with your specific Bureau HR or Admin offices for help.
Q. Will other federal agencies sponsoring training accept our federal credit card?
A. Yes, all federal agencies should accept a federal credit card as payment for training.
Q. Why would I use an SF-182 Training Authorization?
A. The SF-182 is handy for paying for federal courses as the collecting agency can then use the interagency mechanism to move the funds from one agency to the other. If the collecting agency is outside of the Federal Government, the collecting agency can use the SF-182 to invoice the Federal Government.
Q. If I wanted to use a SF-182, where do I find one?
A. DOI LEARN has a SF-182 External Training Form at the MY Home tab.
- Log into DOI LEARN at: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn
- Select “Submit External Training Request” and follow the prompts.
Note: For USGS, it’s suggested to use OPM’s Web site for the SF-182 form to pay for training (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF182.pdf) and then after the training is over, create one in DOI LEARN to receive credit because once the SF-182 is approved in DOI LEARN, it cannot be cancelled or changed.
Q. How does a Supervisor or Alternate Approver/Admin personnel pay for training in DOI LEARN for an employee?
A. There are many ways to pay for training in DOI LEARN since the system does not have an electronic payment method at this time. You can pay by Credit Card, Account number or SF-182.
- If the training is under $3500.00 and the vendor will take a credit card, use a credit card when contacting them.
If the training is under $3500.00 and sponsored by a DOI bureau, you can pay by phoning this number 888-390-4447, follow the prompts and use your MasterCard or Visa credit card OR provide an Account number over the phone. A receipt can be emailed if you request one over the phone.
- If the training is over $3500.00, you can provide an Account number to the sponsoring bureau and a Standard Voucher will be processed. A copy of the Standard Voucher will be emailed to you and/or your administrative office if you provide information. The number to reach the DOI LEARN Payment Line is: 888-390-4447 OR you can create an SF-182.
- If the training is over $3500.00 and sponsored by another DOI agency, you can pay by SF-182 (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF182.pdf) OR contact the sponsoring agency to find out what payment method they will accept.
- For Federal Employees taking training that is NOT in DOI LEARN (with or without a cost) and you want to receive credit, fill out a SF-182 in DOI LEARN.
- If you are a Non-federal Customer, you may pay for the training with a check or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) depending on the bureau you are contacting and what they accept.
***For more detailed instructions please refer to the “How-To” Tutorials***
Q. Why do I keep getting emails asking me to complete a post-event survey in DOI LEARN?
A. You just completed training through DOI LEARN, whether it was an online or instructor led training, DOI LEARN sends an auto-generated email asking you to complete a survey. The survey only takes 3-5 minutes to complete and helps the course developer and Instructor(s) improve the training. You will receive a few email reminders until you complete the survey which you have up to 30 days to take it. The email address you should be receiving an email from is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. I received an email from email@example.com, is this legitimate?
A. Yes an email from this address is legitimate. It is asking for your feedback on a class or course you just completed in DOI LEARN.
Q. I already completed my survey for a DOI LEARN Class I took months ago. Why am I now getting new emails for the same class?
A. You may receive a request to participate in a Follow-up Survey. Some surveys are automatically emailed to trainees 60 days after completing the training. Your responses in the Follow-up Survey help measure your use of skills gained from the training and whether or not what you learned, continues to be useful on the job. The Follow-up Survey only takes 3-5 minutes to complete and provides very important feedback as to the relevance of the curriculum.
Q. I already completed my survey for a DOI LEARN Class I took months ago. Why am I now getting new emails for the same class?
A. You may receive a request to participate in a Follow-up Survey. This is automatically emailed to trainees 60 days after completing the class. Your responses in the Follow-up Survey help measure your use of skills gained from the training and whether what you learned continues to be useful on the job. The Follow-up Survey only takes 3-5 minutes to complete and provides very important feedback as to the relevance of the class curriculum.
Q. How do I get an On-Line (OLT) course into DOILEARN?
A. For USGS: if you have a PowerPoint ® that you would like to use as an on-line course in DOI LEARN, please contact Tj Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-445-4677). All other Bureaus, please contact your Bureau Data Steward for help with this.
Q. What if I have problems taking the Federal Information System Security Training (FISSA) OR any online courses in DOI LEARN?
A. Please view this Web site for Workstation Requirements and Browser Configurations and Java settings (Under the Need to Know … section) PRIOR to taking any online training in DOI LEARN: https://www2.usgs.gov/humancapital/ecd/doilearnhowto.html
Q. Can Macintosh Users use the Mac to take the training in DOI LEARN?
A. The online mandatory training should work on Macintosh computers but it is preferred you use a window’s based PC with Internet Explorer. If you experience problems, you may need to install software on your Mac. You will need to contact your local IT support for help with this.
Q. I am an instructor/course coordinator and want to put a class into the course catalog in DOI LEARN, how do I get designated in DOI LEARN as an instructor to do this?
A. Contact your DOI LEARN Bureau Data Steward to request this. Go to the DOI LEARN Web portal at: http://www.doi.gov/doilearn and using your mouse, hover over “About DOI LEARN” and click on “Contact Us.” This will send a message to your Bureau Data Steward when you choose your Bureau.
The Instructor Role requires you complete the 5 hr. webinar for Instructors and Roster Managers offered the 2nd Thursday of every month. Search the DOI LEARN course catalog for: doi learn upgrade introduction to register for the webinar. NOTE: USGS prefers you teach one or more classes per month to have the Instructor role. If you do not teach that much and you are working for USGS, OED can enter the class and manage the roster for you. Contact your USGS OED Data Steward.