Volcanoes General - 5 of 25
Volcanoes General FAQs - 25 Found
There are about 1,500 potentially active volcanoes worldwide, aside from the continuous belt of volcanoes on the ocean floor. About 500 of these have erupted in historical time. Many of these are located along the Pacific Rim in what is known as the 'Ring of Fire.' In the U.S., volcanoes in the Cascade Range and Alaska (Aleutian volcanic chain) are part of the Ring, while Hawaiian volcanoes form over a 'hot spot' near the center of the Ring.
- Volcanoes in Alaska
- Volcanoes in Washington/Oregon/Idaho
- Volcanoes in California/Nevada
- Volcanoes in Wyoming (Yellowstone)
- Volcanoes in Hawaii
- Long-term volcano hazard assessments for the U.S.
- Smithsonian Institution Global Volcanism Program