Climate Change - 10 of 9
Climate Change FAQs - 9 Found
• Temperatures are rising world-wide due to greenhouse gases trapping more heat in the atmosphere.
• Droughts are becoming longer and more extreme around the world.
• Tropical storms becoming more severe due to warmer ocean water temperatures.
• As temperatures rise there is less snowpack in mountain ranges and polar areas and the snow melts faster.
• Overall, glaciers are melting at a faster rate.
• Sea ice in the Arctic Ocean around the North Pole is melting faster with the warmer temperatures.
• Permafrost is melting, releasing methane, a powerful greenhouse gas, into the atmosphere.
• Sea levels are rising, threatening coastal communities and estuarine ecosystems.