Glaciers - 21 of 20
Glaciers FAQs - 20 Found
How much of the Earth's water is stored in glaciers?
About 2.1% of all of Earth's water is frozen in glaciers.
- 97.2% is in the oceans and inland seas
- 2.1% is in glaciers
- 0.6% is in groundwater and soil moisture
- less than 1% is in the atmosphere
- less than 1% is in lakes and rivers
- less than 1% is in all living plants and animals.
About three-quarters of Earth's freshwater is stored in glaciers. Therefore, glacier ice is the second largest reservoir of water on Earth and the largest reservoir of freshwater on Earth!